Ledbury is one of Herefordshire's market towns lying in the east of the county and named after the river Leadon.
1628: a survey map of Malvern Chase shows land mainly in Worcestershire but there are a few small parts in Herefordshire along the western boundary. A separate sheet with the details of the Herefordshire parcels has been digitally attached to the map for information. Also, an article on the 1628 survey and transcription of all the entries can be found here. (Map photos courtesy of David Lovelace)